Sunday, May 15, 2016

Today was the family gathering at Riderwood for brunch.  We were 15, and filled the private dining room. I know I certainly ate well  (bagel with lox and cream cheese, mushroom and cheese omelette, salad, fruit, and cookies&cream cheesecake for dessert) and was certainly not the only one.  Mom can rest well tonight, knowing that we "got her money's worth" today.  Sure was great to spend time with everyone today (which was also Rachelle's birthday) and I'm happy to report that Uncle Allen seems to be holding up well; tonight marks one week since Helen died. Afterward we all waddled <g> up to Mom's apartment and continued the party up there.  

It's been a great vacation with family, and (especially after the past couple of days with the various large family gatherings) it's bound to feel really quiet when I arrive back home tomorrow.  On the plus side, I will be able to load the pix from my camera and share some of them on my blog. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment