Sunday, May 8, 2016

It was a lovely Mother's Day.... and not just because the sun was finally shining! <g> Mom and I enjoyed a delicious brunch at Riderwood (yes, I ate way too much) and then we headed over to Mink Hollow to enjoy the afternoon with more of the family.  

Sierra got to open her communion gifts (the "stand tall" giraffe, angel sun catcher, and bible) all of which she which she seemed to like. Then it was the moms' turn to open gifts. Sandy got a generous gift card to the nursery ("this will buy lots of flowers!") and a wonderfully creative flower garden picture made from the four kids' fingerprints. Mom liked the silver giraffe (great yard sale find!) and "Harriet's Had Enough" book I found at the library sale.  

Alex and Lisa both called me to wish me Happy Mother's Day" which made my day.  Much of the afternoon was spent in the pool room while the kids (and Ed) swam. I got some great pix today, and wish I could share them now instead of having to wait until my return to Arizona.

Tonight I watched an episode of Orphan Black with Andy and Sandy. I'd never even heard of the show, and of course I was pretty lost with respect to the plot (it's Season 4?) but it was pretty amazing to see all the different clone characters the actress plays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment