Wednesday, May 4, 2016

I was glad to fall back asleep when I woke up around 3:30 - it was going to be a long travel day.  When my alarm went off at 5:00 I grabbed my 'coffee' and headed out to the hot tub for a short soak. Patti people picked me up right on time, at 5:45, but shortly after getting onto I-17 we ran into some sort of mess, and even the HOV Lane wasn't moving. Let the stress begin.  Luckily it did clear up and we were moving again. But when we pulled up at airport there was a LONG line curbside, and only 2 skycaps (one of whom was on the phone and didn't actually seem to be working.) So I headed inside, where the line to check bags moved much more quickly. Security was another story, and when I finally got to my gate they had started to load the A group.  By the time I boarded I got the last available (reclining) aisle seat in the back, and then finally was able to relax, settle in, and have my breakfast yogurt. Happily it was an uneventful flight, and my luggage made the same trip I did. Sandy was there to pick me up, and we headed to Mink Hollow, where I got a very enthusiastic welcome from Pippa, their 18-month-old golden retriever. Later we found her chewing on my earring (I was unaware it had fallen out) and rescued it with only minimal damage. When Andy got home we had a very enjoyable evening of conversation over a delicious dinner and a couple of games of Rummikub. I shouldn't be tired (it's still early in Arizona) but I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment