Friday, May 6, 2016

The windows were done by late morning, and then Sandy and I picked up Mom and met with Richie for a spur-of-the-moment lunch at a nearby Asian restaurant. I had the sushi and sushimi lunch special, though given the cold, wet weather I probably should have opted for a hot dish. Always great to see Richie - lots of memories from way back - and the four of us had a wonderful time together. He tried to talk me into staying a couple of extra weeks (not likely) for Andy's 60th birthday celebration on the 29th, which would mean I'd get to see all the old crowd.  Of course I could always fly out again the end of the month... though also not likely.

After lunch Mom and Sandy and I stopped at a Christian store to pick up gifts because we are going to Sierra's first communion tomorrow.  (Sierra, 7, is the daughter of Sandy's son's fiancĂ©e.) Attending a communion will be a 'first' experience for me, and I just hope the service isn't too long... 

By the time we finished with everything it was mid-afternoon so a decision was made for me to return home with Sandy after dropping off Mom; that way Mom will still have the car to come over here tomorrow morning. It flat poured on us coming home, and I'm pretty sure this crappy damp weather is the reason my thumb/wrist has been aching today.

Another yummy dinner and then more Rummikub (I have yet to win over here!) Now I'm nice and warm in bed, with Pippa sleeping on the floor beside me.  She has definitely attached herself to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment