Wednesday, May 18, 2016

This morning I made a first pass through the stack of mail and paid a bunch of bills; should be able to deal with the rest of the mail later today.



Monica did bring Carol's quilt for me today, and it turned out lovely (as I knew it would.)  Last night I had gotten out my checkbook and put it next to the other stuff I was taking with me today, but "somehow" <g> it got left behind this morning.  


After quilting (where Donna gave a trunk show) I popped over to 35th Ave. - and to my amazement they actually had the Michael Miller black that I've been looking for.  I used my 40% off coupon and picked up 5 yards, which should hold me for a while.



When I pulled up to the house I saw that Alex had mowed the front yards, and heading in from the garage I was surprised to see that he had also done the back; obviously the sprinkles this morning did not pose a mowing problem.  When I saw him later he said that after he'd done the yard he went to mow the Back 40 (with the riding mower) but apparently one of its tires is off the rim, so that's not happening.



And inside the house was a nice, fat peach waiting for me on the counter.  Turns out the peach tree is now full of plump fruit, which is earlier in the season than usual.  "Unfortunately" that tree has grown so much that most of the peaches are way out of reach and Alex is going to need to get out the tall ladder to pick them (later today, before the birds take a test bite out of each one.)

No comments:

Post a Comment