Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Busy day ahead today.  If everyone is running on time I should be fine.  


My day starts with a routine check-up at the oncologist's at 9:00, where I've always been lucky enough to be one of her more boring patients.  (When talking about cancer, boring is very good!!!)  Next it's off to the dentist for my 6-month cleaning and check-up.  My front tooth is doing okay (though even after all this time I can still 'feel' it) so I expect another routine visit.  Then a wardrobe change at home and it's off to the gym.  My hand is feeling considerably better, so I hope to be able to do an upper body workout this afternoon.



Alex blasts off today and won't be home for many months.  One of his tours does go through Phoenix, when we usually pop over to whatever venue they're using to spend an hour or so together - except that will happen when we expect to be in Colorado. 



Later today a new knapper (also named Tom) from Tucson is coming up for some lessons from Tom.  "New" Tom is a retired goldsmith, so he should also be able to help out "old" Tom with turning some of the fire obsidian into jewelry.  


No doubt the two Toms will find lots to talk about (and of course there's also the Museum tour) so we expect him to end up staying overnight. Alex is supposed to put his sheets in the washer before he heads to the airport; I should find time to run over between appointments and pop them into the dryer so later I can return them to the bed. 



Still getting caught up on stuff here (is anyone still waiting to see pix from vacation?) including some lengthy phone conversations on Sunday with friends. I spoke with Tracy (who didn't know about Carol) and Marcela (who recently had some surgery I hadn't known about.)



No comments:

Post a Comment