Tuesday, May 31, 2016

It's warming up here these days.... supposed to hit 114 by this coming weekend.  No real surprise, though it's been a lovely Spring and we haven't really 'worked up' to the heat gradually.  The pool seems to be warming up nicely, and during my Target run yesterday (mainly  I needed to get a hose though somehow <g> I managed to spend $150 on 'this and that') I picked up this summer's pool float for that day in the near future when I venture into the water.



Looks like Tom is going to do some consulting for Doug.  As he says, spending time inside on the computer (under the cooler and fan) doing research (and getting paid handsomely) isn't a bad way to beat the heat!



We celebrated Memorial Day yesterday watching a couple of war movies (Midway and Heartbreak Ridge) and chowing down on yummy BBQed chicken and corn-on-the-cob.  I've definitely packed on some pounds lately, and would love to shed them before heading to the hot springs later this month. 


This morning I paid some bills, and then Tyga helped me take them out to the mailbox.  Wish I'd had my camera with me - there was a fledgling on the ground, and while Tyga gave it a thorough sniff he certainly didn't seem interested in hurting it.  I picked it up a couple of times so it could flutter to the ground and practice "flying".  

No comments:

Post a Comment