Monday, May 16, 2016


We got to the airport with plenty of time to spare, partly because I misread the time of my flight (no doubt because the BOARDING time was in huge numbers...) There was no wait to check our bags curbside, and the security line inside moved right along, so Marilyn and I had lots of time for her to download more books onto my iPad.  I've definitely got lots of reading material now, more than enough to keep me busy for some time.



My flight was uneventful, my baggage made the same trip (always a plus), and I didn't have to wait too long to catch the shuttle. Of course at that time of day there was lots of rush hour traffic, and living so far north of the city I was the last passenger to be delivered to my destination (one guy was from NY and was in just for the Diamondback/Yankee game tonight, and another guy was an engineer from Japan here on business), but it was relatively painless getting home.



Alex also flew home today (he said the BBQ festival was amazing, and he had "the best BBQ ever"), and then took Aja for some "semi-emergency" dental surgery: 3 root canals! They picked up dinner for the three of us on their way home - and she actually ate some!  It was rather warm in the house when I got home (the sun has been shining here, unlike where I've been for the past two weeks) and I'd opened up the house upon my arrival, but it was still pretty warm. Alex 'suggested' I turn on the A/C so it's much more comfortable in here now.  (It sure was cold when we left for the airport at 11 this morning, only in the 50s, so I'm not complaining about a little warmth!)



Not much on my agenda for the rest of the evening.  I did water the plants out front (which looked pretty good, thanks to attention from Joy, Patti, and Colleen) while I waited for dinner to arrive, and now I'm just going to relax on the couch and watch a little TV until I crash.  While it's only 7:00 here, it's 10:00 as far as my body is concerned, so I don't expect to make it too far into the evening.  



Tomorrow I need to vote, and also have the gym at 10:30, but then should be able to load my pix and start getting them resized, cropped, and rotated for posting.


No comments:

Post a Comment