Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Voting turned out to be a breeze yesterday, though afterward I got into a discussion with a guy outside who wanted me to sign his petition to get on the next ballot as a candidate for Justice of the Peace.  I did NOT agree with anything he said (he started out with, "The Constitution is dead" and it went downhill from there) and yes, he did turn out to be a Republican.  Finally I just had to walk away.


I've got another headache that started yesterday after that (just a coincidence?) and by the evening I was pretty nauseated.  While I'm tempted to blame it on that yahoo, it's more likely to be the weather (though the non-stop rain in Maryland did not seem to bother anything except my hand.)  Yesterday a front moved in here bringing lots of wind, and today we could have rain.  Sigh... thought I'd left that back in Maryland!  Judging from past experience the headache will likely hang on 3 days, through Thursday.



Shortly I'm off to quilting at Busy Bees.  Pretty sure Monica is going to bring the quilt top of Carol's that I had her quilt, which will mean even more to me now that Carol is gone.  Yesterday I checked with Pennie because I hadn't heard of any plans for a funeral/memorial service.  Turns out that (like Dad) Carol donated her body to science; there will be a service after her ashes are returned to the family.

                                                                                                                                     
Forgot to mention that one of my suitcases was opened by the TSA on Monday (they'd obviously gone through the stuff in the netting, probably concerned about that large metal plate in my needlework bag), and the other suitcase came off the carousel with a gaping hole in the bottom corner (though nothing seemed to have fallen out.)  It was easy to unpack - due to the winter weather most of my clothes had never been worn and just needed to be placed right back into the dresser!



No comments:

Post a Comment