Friday, June 26, 2015

This morning Jim, the Fence Doctor, is coming to put in some new posts to shore up the chain link fence so it will  no longer be in danger of falling over.  Yesterday he repaired the wooden gate on 37th that blew loose from the block wall (actually taking some blocks with it, which he re-cemented.) So we are in better shape now that monsoon season, with the accompanying winds,  is upon us once again.


Tom is pleased with what a good job Jim did, and even thought it was a fair price for the job.  I'm glad I spied the Fence Doctor truck in the grocery store parking lot that day, AND that it turned out to be a good call!  Jim scored bonus points with me for showing up each time right when he said he would.  (Note: the fence people up the street from us NEVER even called me back to set up an appointment to give me an estimate.)



Lisa and Chas will be coming over on Sunday, which means I can go to the bluegrass festival in Prescott tomorrow after all!  That's always such a fun day - and of course it's MUCH cooler up there than it is here.  Mary, who lives between Prescott and Yarnell, is going to meet me there, and I'm still waiting to hear from various friends here (who I contacted at the last minute, once I found out that Saturday was free after all) to see if anyone wants to ride up with me.  


No comments:

Post a Comment