Sunday, June 21, 2015

Good news just arrived from Karin Goudy (a friend in Kingman, 
where we were in Book Club together.)



 I just learned that I was nominated and have been chosen to be a member of the Arizona Quilters Hall of Fame. This is a group of Arizona quilters who have contributed to the AZ world of quilting through design, teaching and contributing to their community.  Needless to say I am thrilled - mostly about being nominated. That means a lot. 

Unfortunately there was also some bad news:

 Anyway, life has been a little difficult lately, 
so this was a nice happy shot out of the blue to cheer me up. 

That's when I learned, in a follow-up up e-mail

Troubles here are mostly the result of two 80+ year olds trying to deal with the trials of old age (minor strokes, arthritis etc.) in an increasingly alien medical environment.

I can certainly understand that, and thought she might get a laugh out of the following; I know that I did!



No comments:

Post a Comment