Friday, June 5, 2015

Awoke to thunder and rain today, so no surprise it's a tad muggy out there now.  Tom left this morning (for Oregon and NoCal, to collect more rock) and I've been trying to get organized.  Mostly that means adding to my already-long list as I keep remembering all the things I need to do.  


I did, however, find a fence repair company that is just a block up the street!  So later today, once the crew comes in from the field, I should have an appointment for them to come look at our fences and see what can be done.



Forgot to mention that on Wednesday I wore my new t-shirt that Alex gave me (he found it at the Shedd Aquarium when he was in Chicago) and the ladies got a chuckle out of it.  It's perfect for me!


I've made a few phone calls (most notably to the cemetery in Maryland), and mid-morning headed off to get my blood drawn and run a few errands.  Unfortunately the lab was mobbed - with at least an hour's wait - so I left.  Did get my Pool Rules laminated, 


picked up what I needed at Target, mailed off a package to Mom, and dropped off thread spools and coffee tins for Kathi.  

Came home to a message from Farmer's; I'm playing phone tag with them, trying to figure out how to put Alex's car on "storage" insurance when he leaves later this month for the rest of the year.  



And then this was in my e-mail; guess Sherri got a lot more rain than we did?

Due to water damage to our shop caused by flooding in our building, we will be closed until Tuesday June 9th while these humongous fans dry everything out.
All classes will be rescheduled.
Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience!

Mid-afternoon I went back to the lab, and the waiting room was much emptier than it had been in the morning.  Still, I waited virtually an hour for my turn (and if I hadn't gone up to the desk to check after 45 minutes, I think I'd be sitting there still!)


My cell phone, which virtually never rings, rang twice while I was there.  The first call was the car insurance folks; I said I'd call back when I got home, but (again) got their answering machine, so we're still playing phone tag. The second call was Patricia, who was originally going on this week's birthday trip until work got in the way, calling to see how much fun we had without her.  I also tried to call her back when I got home, and also got her answering machine.


We got another downpour this afternoon,
so everything is getting a good drink.


The timing is especially nice,
since we don't have irrigation for another week!


No comments:

Post a Comment