Thursday, June 11, 2015

There was a larger than usual turn-out at Foothills yesterday, possibly because of the Mystery Quilt class starting in the afternoon.  While I am not participating in that (I already have way too many projects started...) I am looking forward to seeing how their quilts turn out.  



We also have been getting new members at practically every meeting (and several more possibles showed up yesterday) which is always nice.

  

  New member Irene brought in several things to share.  She received this pig fabric in an Ugly Exchange (though most of us thought it was pretty cute) and made a mini apron.



These pillowcases are for (grandsons?) Michael and Jason.


I don't remember the backstory on this, but do like the bright colors she used.



Another newer member made a couple of stack-and-whacks.  I still have yet to make one, but do have some wonderful peacock fabric set aside.  The main issue is that I like the 8 pattern better, but only have enough repeats for 6.  It's always something, right? 

8-piece pattern

6-piece pattern


Ruth showed off this UFO - 
which she started when she lived in Hawaii (MANY years ago!)


I have the same "appliequed" flowers that Louise used here for her four center blocks (Marty passed along the fabric to me before she died) but I have a whole different plan for what to do with mine.  Even have the fabrics bought.  Just don't hold your breath...! 



This is the bargello Jan made at the recent Busy Bees class.  
So bright and cheery!



Janie brought in a pile of pillowcases for the shelter, and agreed to make the pillowcases to go with my teddy bear quilt (also slated to head to the shelter once I quilt it.)  So I guess now I'd better find some backing fabric and get started on that!



After the meeting I popped over to Quilter's Bee looking for lizard fabric so I can make the backing for my scrap quilt, but Margaret didn't  have any.  She did, however, have other bright fabrics I brought home for other projects.



I picked up some books at the library, where I saw a young man wearing a Slipknot t-shirt.  I'd never heard of the band (no real surprise) until I heard that Alex will be on tour with them this Fall.



Later I dropped off the fabrics for the pillowcases at Janie's house.  She sure has some pretty quilts, but not nearly enough room to display them all.  As she was pulling them out of the closet and from boxes under the bed she was thinking about which ones to donate to a good cause.



It was time for more gas (I never top off the tank once the nozzle automatically turns off, so was surprised when the car took exactly $31) and a stop at the grocery store.  Given the time (almost 5:00) I should not have been surprised by the lines.  What does surprise me is that they only had one regular lane open - and I avoid the self-serve ones because the scanner almost always has issues with the items I'm buying.  If stores aren't going to use their lanes during the busy before-dinner rush, when are they going to?



Yesterday's mail brought no checks (Alex and I are both waiting on the one from the second half of the All Time Low tour) but lots of hefty bills. Lately it's been mostly junk (which goes right into recycling) and I 'complained' about that. So look what happened!




No comments:

Post a Comment