Friday, June 12, 2015

As I always do before I'm expecting irrigation, I put the hose into the pool to top off the water level.  So around the time I figured that was done and looked out the window I was really surprised to see our backyard filling up with water.  Did I misread the schedule, and mistakenly write down PM instead of AM?  Of course I'd already deleted the schedule from my inbox, so I raced over to check the time at the WMID box on 39th & Topeka.  Turns out I had read the schedule correctly, and I guessed that the women up-ditch from me misread their time to switch the gates.  A call to zanjero Terry confirmed this.  He's going to try to get water to the folks who are missing out at the moment (another headache for him!)


 He says we will get water again this evening, though probably not the full amount.  Which in theory would be okay - except it just means that the Back 40 (which doesn't need it) will get a double dose, and also the back yard.  But what really needs water, the front yard (we do NOT want to lose our south-facing shade from those Chinese elms) will most likely not get any.

No comments:

Post a Comment