Thursday, June 18, 2015

Replies have started to flow in (from TN, TX, CA, IL and even Canada) 
regarding this e-mail I sent to various friends around the country:

If you check out www.rowbyrowexperience.com, you will see that this year the theme is water. Participating quilt stores around the country (and Canada) will be giving out FREE patterns for the block that someone at their store designed. The only catch is that you have to actually walk into the store (between June 21 and September 8) to get it. This is the block from "my" store here in Phoenix (actually there are 3 here in the Valley near enough to me to shop at frequently) but obviously I am not going to travel the country collecting other patterns (although that would be fun, right?


It will be fun to see what arrives in the mail over the summer, though I'm doubtful any will top the Grand Canyon's South Rim, above.  This morning I stopped in at Sun Valley Quilts (since I was so close when I was picking up the clock for Carol) and was not terribly impressed with their pattern.



According to the news Phoenix tied the heat record for today (115)
 though Peoria (just a hop, skip and a jump from me) reached 117. 


Tom called last night, and said he will be home in a week; Lisa is going to be in town (this weekend and) next weekend, and he wants to see her.  By the time he gets back home it should have cooled off (and I use that term VERY loosely!) some, but no doubt he'll find himself missing the cool of Oregon.  He spent last night at a hot springs (lucky duck!) and sent me this picture: 




Tonight Perri came over, and with her help I worked on the heel of my sock.  



The directions didn't make a whole lot of sense - 
but when I was done it had actually all worked out!



Now the sock is ready for the gusset - but we were both tired (it was 9:00 after all...) so that will have to wait until this weekend.  Once I know how I fit into Lisa's time schedule I can make plans with Perri.




Alex texted around 9:00
to let me know that they had made it to Las Vegas safely.


With the hours they'll be keeping (party all night, sleep all day) I don't expect to hear from him until the festival is over and he's heading to California to meet up with the bus and start another music tour.


No comments:

Post a Comment