Saturday, June 20, 2015

Once Lisa and Chas arrived this afternoon (there was an unexpected delay) 



we went out to lunch at (wait for it!) Wildflower. Today I ordered the chicken Parmesan sandwich Alex had the other day, but instead they brought me the same meatball sandwich Mary had ordered yesterday.  Since the three of us had shared my slice of chocolate cake while we waited for lunch to arrive today (I warned Chas to not be shy about jumping in, because it would disappear quickly!) at least I wasn't in any danger of starving while I waited for them to make me up the right order.  



We had a delightful lunch, and I got to hear some behind-the-scenes stories about the tech world.  When I can't get my computer or iPad to work I just chalk it up to operator error - but after today I may be more likely to blame it on the computer!  



Bit of a comedy of errors once we got back to the house 


and Lisa ended up calling Alex for help finding something here at the house.
  

I knew he'd be sleeping after being up all night at EDC, but figured they would have gotten back to the hotel before 11:00!  Maybe he won't remember getting woken up?



Once Lisa and Chas left to return to Scottsdale, Wanda and I headed down to 35th Ave.  I brought along a piece of fabric to try and match the background red color. After I'd found three possible reds, imagine how thrilled I was to find a bolt of the actual fabric - and, as a bonus, a coordinating companion fabric!  



Later Wanda showed me a bottle of wine she'd bought because she liked the label; it was the first time she'd chosen wine that way, but figured if I could do that she could, too - and apparently it turned out to be very tasty.




I was invited to stay for dinner - lamb chops, rice, and broccoli, with her homemade German chocolate cake for dessert - and Wanda even sent me home with other chocolate goodies she had baked.  Life is good!






No comments:

Post a Comment