Wednesday, September 21, 2011

tote progress

That was then

but this is now, after this morning's 'class' at Busy Bees!  The bag is actually inside out
so you're looking at the lining of the bag and pockets.  

Once I sew this seam closed
I'll be able to turn the purse right-side out, and then all I have to do to finish up is top stitch!  So watch for a picture soon (by tomorrow at the latest.) 

In a perfect world (who lives there?!) I'd be able to start on another purse right away while I still (in theory) know what I'm doing, but I have deadlines for two other projects fast approaching.  I have so much fun fabric that would make perfect bags for various family/friends, but it's unclear when I'll find time to make them.  So it's a good bet that I'll need additional help from Pati when that time eventually rolls around.

In the meantime, instead of getting right to work and finishing it up, I'm off to pick up some thyroid meds that have come in for Sapphire.  Like all cats, she just loves taking her medicine.... NOT!  
And I found out yesterday (after she tried to bite the vet) that there's a note in her chart to the effect that whenever they need to draw blood they should cover her head first, because she's 'feisty'.  Not sure if that's how it's actually phrased in the chart - or if the vet was just being tactful.  <G>

No comments:

Post a Comment