Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Back to quilting

Am thinking of actually getting back to doing some quilting today.  Although my back still hurts, at least I am moving in the right direction.  Didn't go in to Record for the Blind this morning, though; was trying to decide if I felt up to it (not really) but the decision was made for me when Alex needed to borrow my car for school - he discovered a flat tire (from a nail) on his car last night after he got home from work. 
He took the tire in to Goodyear first thing this morning to have it repaired, but they sure don't move too fast over there.

I've also been having quite the time with the continuing Toe Saga. 
On Thursday morning, when I went out to the Back 40 to set the irrigation gates, I stepped into a hole (hidden by overgrown grass) and went sprawling.  Injured yet another toe on that same foot - this time the one next to my big toe. At least this new bruise is already fading.  Luckily I didn't land on the outside of the foot where it still throbs, more than 2 weeks after the initial injury.  
Then last night, while getting bread out of the breadbox, the wooden front of the box (which has been broken for years, yet never landed on me before) fell off and landed smack dab on the big toe on that foot.  While it hurt a lot when it happened, at least the pain hasn't lingered too much. 

It's almost getting to be a joke with that foot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment