Friday, September 9, 2011

Fabulous Friday

Had a great First Day with Ms. Fox's 5th grade - and wowed everyone by learning the names of all the kids (even getting them right when the kids all switched seats.)  Of course next week they'll be wearing different clothes (and some may be sporting different hairstyles) so it'll be interesting to see how well I do.  They were also impressed with my ability to write backwards in cursive (not much call for that skill, though), my juggling prowess, and my quilt-making ability (showed them my stained-glass quilt, but forgot to mention that I made the Park Meadows quilt that hangs in the office.)

As a bonus they even stumped me on a word: monkshood (type of flower that, not surprisingly, looks like a monk's hood.)  
One stumper down, only 26 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment