Saturday, September 10, 2011

I SPY progress

I've got several dozen sets of matching 6 1/2" squares cut out (thank you, Joni, for your fun fabric) and may collect some more at the Foothills meeting on Wednesday.  Once I have all my squares I'll have to decide on what color I want for my sashing; right now I'm leaning toward a bright red or yellow.  And yes, putting a fresh blade in my rotary cutter has made a world of difference!

Have also made more progress at cleaning up my quilting area.  WIPs have been put into bags and stacked (reasonably) neatly on the shelf above.  Fabric that was pulled out (well, a lot of it, anyway) has been replaced in the cupboards.
Don't know about that, but the area does continue to look better and better!

On the weather front, it didn't even pretend to try and rain today.  
 
As in "nothing happened".  Apparently other areas of the Valley all around us are getting hammered, but the storm has totally passed us by. 
If it stays dry I may end up having to mow the back yard tomorrow.... although I do hear the wind kicking up out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment