Saturday, September 3, 2011

They Say It's Your Birthday

Back in the 70s I was visiting friend Margie in Prescott Valley for the weekend.  (Back then, PV wasn't much more than a wide spot in the road.)  We partied pretty late into the night, and the next day, which was her birthday, she slept in.  Her hubby and I are both early risers, but we were going to let her (a hard core night-owl) sleep until noon in honor of her special day.  However, around 11:45 this song came on the radio; we agreed that it would be the perfect wake-up call, and cranked up the music as loudly as it would go.  
 Margie emerged from the bedroom with a huge smile on her face.

I started my celebration last night, with a birthday dinner at Carrabba's.  Alex (and some of the rest of the staff) sang to me as my Chocolate Dream cake was delivered, (in)complete with one lonesome candle. 
That cake is so rich that I can never finish it (those who know me realize that's saying a lot!) so I've got leftovers for breakfast this morning. Great way to start any day!

Today is also friend Carolyn's birthday (Quilter Carolyn, not Music Carolyn from a few posts ago.)  While I was busy being born, she was busy celebrating her 10th birthday.  Birthday wishes to everyone out there celebrating a birthday today!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment