Thursday, September 15, 2011

Mission Accomplished!

Well, almost - thought I'd take advantage of this sensible weather (hey, this is September in Arizona, and it's all relative) and mow the backyard before irrigation tomorrow night.  

Since it didn't get mowed before the last irrigation two weeks ago it was pretty thick in places (and it was so hard to push the mower that I think the 'automatic' part has quit working.)  Every other bagful or so I would come in to cool off and drink some water, and then 'relax' a little (by scrubbing out the litter box, mopping floors, sweeping the porches, cleaning the pool, etc.) and then mow some more.  Even dragging LOTS of bags of grass over to the fence to feed John's horses (they love it when I mow!) I didn't have any trouble filling up  one of the green trash cans.  

But (yep, there's a but)
 when I was on my very last section, as mathamatically far away from the shed (where the gas can lives) as possible, I ran out of gas - even though I'd filled the mower to the brim right before I started. 

I took that as a sign that I'm done for the day, and came inside and took a shower.  Alex promised to mow the Back Ditch later today, so he can fill up the mower and finish up that last tiny swath for me.

And for those of you who haven't yet met the bloggess, the dog question below may make more sense once you get to know her.  Pam knows what I mean, right? <G>


No comments:

Post a Comment