Friday, September 23, 2011

Sun is brighter than usual today

because I just came from the eye doctor, and my pupils are dilated.

Another reason to stay inside this afternoon, when it's expected to hit 107 again.


The good news is that 'considering my age' things are looking good.  My cataracts haven't grown that much, no sign of glaucoma or macular degeneration, etc.  My far vision has even improved, which is no real surprise because I've noticed my arms seem to have shrunk in recent years.  <G>  I do need new glasses, and am going to try (yet again) trifocals so I can improve my near vision.  In the past 20 years I've tried bifocals/trifocals 3 different times, but just couldn't get the hang of them and went back to a single lens prescription.  The opthamologist assures me that improvements in technology makes them more user-friendly.
We shall see!
The bad news is the hefty price tag of these new glasses.  But at least my vision is correctable and my eyes are healthy, which is what really counts!

Also - I set out our big blue recycling can last night for today's collection - and when I went out this morning the can was gone!  That's the second time in the past year or so that someone has taken ours. 


No comments:

Post a Comment