Saturday, September 24, 2011

Bunko night

Last night the neighborhood women had our monthly Bunko get-together at Edie's.  Always a fun time, and at first I thought I was on a roll to 'win' the Most Losses category and go home with a few dollars in my pocket.
Unfortunately <G> I started a winning streak, and ended the evening with my 'usual' 9 wins, 9 losses, which put me squarely in the middle of the pack and bumped me out of the money categories.

Not to despair... there was still Left, Right, Center, a highlight of the evening. 
It was Tori's birthday, and someone remarked that it would be nice if she won.... and she did!  
Turns out it was her 40th (she wasn't too thrilled with that milestone) and her daughter's 20th.  When I told her that my 40th had been my best birthday, she was surprised.  
Lisa looked pretty happy, too.  There she is, only a few hours old, smiling back at me!

(When Country Magazine asked readers for their Most Embarrassing Moments, I sent in my horse trailer story... but they declined to print it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment