Wednesday, September 14, 2011

School Daze at Quilting

At the Foothills meeting today Joni & Joyce decided on a school theme for our refreshments - we brown-bagged it!  I found all sorts of goodies in my bag, including an apple, a Rice Krispie treat, a Milky Way, and a juice container that was probably so easy to open that a kid could do it - but I finally needed help getting the straw in.  (Before you decide I'm a total idiot, let me assure you that I was trying to stab it with the pointy end.)

Today was also the day that I could finally get 'that' schoolhouse block outta my house!  I never want to see it again, and did not put my name in the drawing.  Note: Louise G, who assigned the block, was not at the meeting today.  Can't remember the last time she missed a meeting.... maybe she was afraid she'd be tarred and feathered if she showed up?

Mary (who looked so innocently surprised to hear about everyone else's aggravation with it... she didn't have any trouble!) was the lucky winner of the blocks.  Unless everyone else felt like I did, and she was the only one who put her name in?  <G>

Next month's BOM is a pretty leaf block - now I just have to find time to do it.  Collected yet more fun blocks for my I SPY (thank you, Louise M) so guess what I'm going to be working on in the next few days?  And I still have to put my Nesting Robin together - before the October 4 deadline!  
Sew much to do, sew little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment