Wednesday, August 31, 2016

More HOT SPRINGS PIX  :-)

We all enjoyed watching the hummingbirds swarm the feeders this summer.  Terry and Steve were kept quite busy filling (and refilling) them constantly, often more than once a day.  Steve was using organic sugar, which is what gave the nectar that cloudy brownish-yellow color.





We also had a great view outside the kitchen window of a couple of bird houses.  Though these pix were shot through a screen, I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out.  Possibly this red-shafted flicker was checking out the birdhouses to be used as his winter accommodations?  A few days later, when I didn't have the camera handy, a different type of bird was actually pulling nesting material out of one of the birdhouses, apparently cleaning it out, and stacking the material up on the roof.








I had plenty of chances, on my way to/from Elinor's, 
to 'shoot' the herds of antelope that were omnipresent.



Often this was the view I got -


but did manage this nice close up on one occasion.



Didn't make it up to the mine and bat cave a couple of miles north of the springs, but if you know where to look <g> it's in this picture.



And while I'm talking about animals, here's Bob, lurking in the Party Pool.



Not exactly wild animals, here's Q hanging out in the guest bedroom at Elinor and Richard's - I love the batik fabrics in the quilt on the bed!



And Shadow, resting by the Dancing Waters quilt I made 
for Terry's 60th birthday a couple of years ago.



Speaking of quilts, here's Dave with the cactus wall-hanging I made for this summer's OLT auction that he and Jessica captured.  


I enjoyed their antenna decoration!



And got a smile out of this bike's passenger:



And moving on to other fabrics, this is Marie's sarong that had artistic holes cut into it - though not sure if you'll be able to tell from the photo.



And moving on from fabric to hats.  Here's Glenn with his hat


and me after I captured it.  
Obviously I have not quite captured the art of selfies...



The sentiment on this hat gave me pause, especially since they run several group homes in Minnesota for women with Alzheimer's. (Though sadly that statement would be true, it seemed like a very negative one!)


Turned out to be from a bar!




This t-shirt made me smile.



Tom finally made me throw out my old Bernie's Breakfast T (admittedly it was disintegrating badly, and falling apart) but here's Slim modeling a newer version.


Here he is with the door he built to keep Neil from falling down the cement stairs to the basement.  (I never made it down to The Row to see Slim's house, though Tom did, and was quite impressed with all his woodwork.  I did, however, get to enjoy a photo album of some of his creations.)


And Tom helping with the installation.


 In the miscellaneous category, here's an interesting tattoo (and I saw many during my time there...)



While I couldn't take pix up at the Top Pools ("don't shoot people"), here is a shot from the trail.  That's Road GG down in the distance.


And another view of Road GG from the trail behind Neil and Terry's -


with a tenting site nearby.



I snapped a LOT of cloud photos - this one from right outside the front door.



And a few on the drive out:





That's all for this installment; time to get ready for my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment