Saturday, August 6, 2016

A shower helped wake me up this morning, and after I sparked I headed up for a soak.  Started out at the lower Apple Pool, which was actually a little too warm for me to stay in indefinitely - and I never did attempt the upper one. Enjoyed visiting with a couple of high school teachers and their little girl and her  going-into-second-grade brother, who showed me a 'new' way to squirt water. After about an hour I headed up to the Party Pool, which was a tad cool for my taste. The sun did try to appear, and there were occasional bits of blue sky (as Dad used to say, "enough to make a Dutchman a pair of pants") but after an hour I headed down to the sauna to warm up. Very toasty in there (160?) though the pool to dip into was cool. Turkish man in there told me that "ideally" (at least in HIS reality) the dip should be ice cold... but I beg to differ!

At the house a red-shafted northern flicker showed up at the birdhouses right outside the kitchen window. Surprisingly it hung around long enough for me to get my camera and then shoot a bunch of great pix.  On the downside, I noticed that my spare battery is no longer in the little pocket inside the camera case. Seems to have vanished into thin air.



No comments:

Post a Comment