Friday, May 18, 2018

Wednesday night I finished the book I'd started before my vacation (but left behind.)  It had not automatically renewed, as I'd expected, because it was from the NEW shelf - and was thus overdue.  So yesterday morning I returned it to the library and paid my fine.  Pretty sure they need the $1.80 more than I do.



Tom had been to the dentist last week, so I already knew that "my" hygienist had retired.  Because I didn't take my electric toothbrush to Maryland with me (and admittedly was not as conscientious with my brushing routine while I was there) I didn't have quite as good a report during yesterday's cleaning as I've come to expect.  At the "new" hygienist's recommendation Tom has gotten a new sonic brush - very high tech - which is supposed to be MUCH better than the regular electric ones.  So I'm going to give that a try.

Fluid dynamics is what makes sonic toothbrushes special.
Fluid dynamics refers to the process where the intense vibrational speed of the sonic brush's bristles agitate the fluids that surround the user's teeth (water, saliva), to the degree that they're able to disrupt dental plaque colonies even beyond where the bristles of the brush actually touch.

After the dentist I stopped to see Colleen (and finally drop off some miscellaneous goodies for the grandkids), where I caught up on some news, then over to the bank to deposit a check (thanks, Mom!) and lastly to the gas station to fill up the tank (prices have definitely risen.)


No doubt the situation will worsen once it's officially summer,
and it doesn't "help" that my car requires Premium.  


On my way home Marcie called to say Latina wondered if the Park was open.  We had a nice visit in the shade out back, and Pokey even hung out with us.  (Latina kept trying to steal her carrots.)  Marcie hadn't been over since I left (though she did have Tom over to dinner at their place several times) but we should be able to get back into the afternoon park routine on a regular basis again.  She brought me one of the gifts from the Foothills Tea that I missed while I was gone (Colleen had mentioned how spiffy Marcie looked in her dress and hat that day) and also some leftover flannel strips from her latest charity quilt.



After dinner (the last of Tom's cooking.... really will be on my own now!) I caught up on some of my taped shows.  It wasn't until I was in bed that I realized I'd never texted Jim, as promised, once I was back in Arizona and ready to start up at the gym again. 



So he hasn't yet put me back on his schedule, which explains why I never got the usual e-mail reminder from LA Fitness yesterday.  It was already 10:00 so I'll send a message this morning.  But maybe <g> since he never heard from me he's already filled my slot for today, and I'll get a reprieve until Tuesday!



Alex called to let me know he'd made it to Vegas safely (okay, he also needed me to do a favor over at the back house.) Tom called to let me know he'd made it as far as Winnemucca, as hoped, before stopping for the night.  The weather had gotten bad, and cold - he'd had to turn on the truck heater!  So he should get good use out of the fingerless gloves I gave him (Irene knit a pair for him after after he lusted after the pair she made for me) reading in the back of the camper all bundled up! 



I'm lunching with Wanda at The Rogue Tomato today, after which she wants to stop in at the Quilted Bear for their batik sale.



However, we all know that
I don't need any more fabric, OMMMMMMMMMMM!



Now I'm off to sash together the t-shirt quilt strips.  It's still quite early (only 6:30) so I have a good chance of getting lots done even with the gym in my schedule.  If Jim can't take me, I can still do a cardio workout on my own, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment