Friday, May 25, 2018

Thursday morning I dropped off Alex at the airport.  He drove, and on the way gave me a lecture on my flinching (when he would change lanes during the heavy rush hour traffic and get too close for MY comfort to the car in front of us.) 


While I understand why that could make him flinch (not a good thing for the person whose hands are on the wheel) it is an involuntary action on my part.  However, I promised to try to control it... for whatever good that will do. 



It's a good thing that just a few minutes later I was looking down at my watch to see how we were doing time-wise (fine) when a 2x4 flew out of a truck and knocked loose the back bumper of the car in the lane right next to me.  I really would have flinched at that!
 


I actually had caught the tail end of the incident, after the object had bounced off of the car, out of the corner of my eye. However it was just a brown blur, and until Alex commented otherwise I had thought it was simply a piece of a cardboard box blowing around.




My morning errands were disappointing. 


I'm looking for a chest of drawers for the back porch to replace the plastic one that eventually bit the dust after years sitting out in our heat.  I'm pretty sure I can't be the only one who needs a place to store towels, life jackets, pool toys, etc.  But Target did not have what I need, and (contrary to what I'd heard) neither did Home Depot.  Guess I'll be looking on-line next.







At least the afternoon had a happier outcome.
The house is now nice and clean!



This morning I walked up to see Marcie's now-graded backyard (looking much better with all the dirt fill) and picked up Latina.  They will be gone all day to various doc appointments, and this way Latina will only need to be locked in her pen for about an hour, while I'm at the gym, instead of all day.  She can also "help" me supervise irrigation later.



Also got this from Emily this morning:

"Maggie loves her quilt"





Was just getting ready to post this, and get dressed for the gym,
when Latina started barking by the doorway to Lisa's room. 


I was pretty sure I knew what the "problem" was...


so once I stopped laughing I gently introduced them!



No comments:

Post a Comment