Monday, May 7, 2018

I got Marilyn to the airport yesterday in plenty of time <g> even if she really got held up at Security.  It was a long day, and too bad she had to get there so early, but with the timing of the brunch it just worked out that way.  We kept our eyes out for the sign to the exit I'll need when returning my rental car next week, and there it was - though as far from the airport as it is I certainly hope any/all additional signs are plentiful!



My timing was perfect (even though I'd spent time after dropping off Marilyn to find the NPR station on the radio) and I arrived at Riderwood at the stroke of 11. And then to top it off, I scored a parking spot right outside Montgomery Station!



The quilts were a big hit.




Mom had been able to reserve the private dining room after all,
even on short notice. 



That made it nice for the kids to be able to move around.


Mom and Maggie discussing their similar shoes.



Time to open more birthday cards -



(Did you notice that the giraffe has made it to the 91 mark?)

and gifts!


OOOOHHHH - giraffe earrings


and a giraffe wisdom mug.



After I had demonstrated "my" napkin-folding (two campers in a tent), the kids wanted to learn how to do it.  While I was demonstrating the steps, Emily grabbed my camera so I actually made it into some photos!  (The kids did great.)


Brunch was delicious, and my omelet, bagel and cream cheese (and yes, chocolate cake) filled me to the brim.   Not only did I not eat any dinner last night, but I'm still not hungry this morning! 

9-month-old Maggie seemed happy with her menu also.


Happy girl -

with Mom Emily


and Dad Ed


and Grandma Sandy


and Bana


Charlie


Gordon wrapped in his new quilt and snuggling with Mom


Harry and Dad


Yours, Mine, and Ours


NO one should be surprised that I took plenty of pix.




After done pigging out, we headed up to Mom's apartment.


Proud artist Harry posing with his artwork. 



Bana can admire it from her recliner every day!


I love all of Mom's family photos lining the shelves and windowsills.  Here I'm identifying Harry and Gordon's first-cousins-once-removed (twins Jeff and Zach) in an old photo.


Maggie snuck into a few more pictures...



w



Now it's time to leave to pick up Mom and then head over to Ann's.  We're going out to lunch (meeting Allen and Rachelle) and I'm still not hungry yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment