Friday, May 18, 2018

Did my cardio on the stair stepper.  Sabrina, on machine next to me, started up a conversation.  She's training for an upcoming competition, and pooh-poohed the elliptical (where she doesn't even break into a sweat.)  I got kudos for being on the stair stepper, though only did 3 sets of 100 stairs. While I amped it up to a reasonable level (5), I did pause between each set to let my heart rate drop out of the red zone!


I was home by 11:00 (and had time before Wanda was scheduled to appear) so I took advantage of my already-sweaty state to plant the bird-of-paradise I bought a few weeks before my trip.  No idea if we'll get any blooms this year, but everyone else's are blooming madly.  


Quick shower, and I'm all ready for a fun afternoon: out to lunch, and then to a quilt shop!



Margaret, who lives on the other side of the valley, had hoped I could join her on Monday when she'll be "in the neighborhood" at the Quilted Country Bear for a paper piecing class.  Unfortunately that's the day I'll be at the Flying Pig, quilting the t-shirt quilt.  (She and I met 15 years ago, when our kids were taking music lessons at The Place at the same time, but after that hardly ever get to see each other.)

No comments:

Post a Comment