Saturday, May 26, 2018

Finally got around to watching Darkest Hour last night - even though it had arrived from Netflix a few days before I left for Maryland - and definitely learned a considerable amount about the situation in England during May of 1940. 


In addition, several of Churchill's comments struck a chord with me.  Dad often quoted the line, "Lead on, MacDuff", from MacBeth, and Tom has always agreed with Murrow that "all babies look like Churchill."



Got a(nother!) good night's sleep, even sleeping in so late (7:30!) that Marcie was worried that something had happened to me.  (She was expecting me a lot earlier to pick up my wheelbarrow load of rocks and dirt.)



I had hoped to 'use' Alex for this task; even not full the load was heavy for me, so I had to rest several times on the way home. But if I collect a load each morning, eventually I should get the job done. 




However not tomorrow morning.  Marcela is in town, and as planned
we will be getting together for breakfast.



Now I think I'll go pull some of the weeds out front while the ground is still soggy post-irrigation.  Unfortunately that job will never be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment