Saturday, May 12, 2018

It was a slow morning yesterday.  There was no rush to get over to Mom's since I figured she might be having a lazy morning after the past 3 days of rushing around.  Also I knew she still needed some time to get organized after our 3-day absence.  So on my way over to Riderwood I stopped in at Bra-La-La for a fitting to get some new bras, and was helped by a sweet young woman who found me quite entertaining. 


IMHO "comfortable bra" is the textbook definition of an oxymoron!


However I did leave there with a couple that I rated "less uncomfortable than most".  If I'm still happy with them after 'testing' (meaning that I've worn them all day instead of the 5 minutes in the store) I will order more. 


Computers never forget; I was still lurking in their computer system,
from my original (and only) visit in 2013.  



Our big activity of the afternoon was a trip to a nearby Home Depot for some sort of clamp to get Mom's rollator seat re-attached where it had come loose on one side. I lost track of how many different employees tried to help us at Home Depot; we kept getting handed off to different employees in different departments. Long story short: we were there for about 90 minutes before it was all taken care of. First we had to find what would work (eventually turned out to be a pipe bracket) and then "screws" (the original had some sort of weird attachment.) On the (very!) plus side, they installed it. which would have been tricky/impossible for me because it didn't take a regular screw, no doubt needing some special tool "not available" in Mom's apartment.  As a bonus, there was no charge for the bracket (from a package of ten) or the screws, or installation. Just a request that we go on-line and give HD a good review for their customer service.



I can certainly do that!  :-)



When we'd walked in to Home Depot there was a quite large selection of flowers/plants for Mother's Day, and I had chatted briefly with a little boy (5? 6?) who was there with Dad trying to select the perfect one.  When we were leaving 90 minutes later, the boy and his dad were still there, having just chosen a third flowering plant.  I guessed that he had been tasked with choosing for his two younger siblings - and I was right. Kudos to Dad for not rushing him during the important selection process!



Not surprisingly there wasn't much left of the afternoon by the time we got back to Riderwood (after what I had expected to be a much shorter errand!)  On our way out the door heading down to dinner we finally met Mom's new next-door neighbors, Marilyn and Bill. 


At dinner Mom and I dined with some "new" people, George and Margie, and I did succumb to chocolate brownies for dessert.  (Still got a good night's sleep, though. Thank you, Lunesta!)



It turns out the McGill crew of 7 has too many commitments (mostly various ball games) to squeeze in brunch with us today.  The most current plan is for Ed and Charlie and Harry to make an appearance here tomorrow on Mother's Day after all.

(except at the hot springs...)

Speaking of Mother's Day - Tom called yesterday (while we were having all that fun at Home Depot) because he thought it was Mother's Day.  Hard to keep track of the days when you're retired...



This afternoon one of Andy's neighbors, who collects/restores Jaguars, is having his annual car show and picnic. Richie, Andy's BFF from the old days, will probably join us.  Richie is quite the character (oh the stories!) and I always enjoy seeing him when it works out during my visits here.

No comments:

Post a Comment