Monday, May 14, 2018

Monday morning, and time to catch up on the weekend's activities!



There were no plans Saturday until afternoon (we thought!) so I was still in my PJs for a filling brunch (yes, we were eating yet again) that included bagel/lox/cream cheese, and more strawberry & blueberry salad.  Afterward I was still in my PJs when I got word of a "situation" and hurriedly dressed. 


We were getting an unplanned (and brief) visit from Emily and 4 of the kids.



Though we knew Mom would be disappointed to have missed them,
I did get some more great pix to share with her.

Maggie, of course, was more interested in Pippa than looking at the camera.



The kids came bearing gifts for Grandma.


Maggie "supervised" her opening assorted tea goodies.




And then big sister Sierra instructed Maggie
on looking at the camera for Aunt Bobbi.





Despite it being a short visit, there was time for a "concert". (And speaking of concerts, I will miss Charlie's concert tonight when I will be having dinner with Lucille.)





Harry and Gordon had no trouble posing for pictures!





While the kids viewed pictures on my laptop from the previous weekend's brunch, Maggie and I shared a good joke with Pippa.



"Yes, as a matter of fact I am adorable -
so go ahead and feel free to take lots of pix of me!"




Before heading off to the Orioles game,
Gordon showed off his batting prowess.


In theory Maggie was taking time to smell the flowers - but was actually more interested in picking some.  Meanwhile in the background, big sis and brother were headed into the woods to retrieve one of the "home run" balls.



When Richie arrived to join us for the car show he had no trouble finding us out back.


The gang was just getting ready to leave and head off to the Orioles game -
though there was enough time for a quick pic.



The car show at neighbor Greg's large property Saturday afternoon was impressive!  (I'm glad the weather held off until Sunday so it could go forward as planned!) All the grassy areas held LOTS of Jaguars (Greg's specialty is restoring Jags for people) and Ferraris (including the one driven in Ferris Beuller!)


In addition Greg's car club friends brought along their assorted vintage Corvettes, Alpha Romeos, and numerous other up-scale cars. Alex would have especially enjoyed it!  While we there cars kept arriving, and by the time Sandy and I walked back home (Andy and Richie stayed longer) there had to be at least 50 vehicles, though probably more.

The rest of the afternoon the four of us sat around at Mink Hollow reminiscing, and then watched a couple of music documentaries. When Andy suggested bringing in Indian food for dinner I still felt stuffed from brunch (okay, I also nibbled a couple of brownies at the car show) but 'somehow' <g> managed to eat some of everything, and it was delicious. We capped off the evening by watching I, Tonya,  which was very entertaining!  We did not expect it to be such a comedy - and just the performance by the mother makes it worthwhile viewing!



It's always nice when I get to connect with Richie while I'm in visiting. He's been a one-of-a-kind friend of Andy's since high school.  I will never forget the time he and Birdie and I flew out to IU to see Andy in Guys and Dolls in the early 70s. (Yes, there is a story there. LOL)



It was raining when I woke up Sunday morning, which was unfortunate for all those who had planned outdoors Mothers Day events.  At least by the time Andy grilled burgers in the afternoon (I 'helped' by stopping for charcoal on the way to pick up Mom) there was a cooperative break in the rain.


 The 'official' platter to hold all the goodies.



Alex had called surprisingly early in the morning (I'd forgotten he'd be on the East Coast for work this weekend) and Lisa and then Tom in the afternoon to wish me a Happy Mother's Day.   As Dad would quip, "All precincts accounted for."



Mom loved the book Andy had made for her as a surprise!  When Mom and Dad were building the Mink Hollow house (30+ years ago) they were out there virtually daily to oversee the construction.  Dad documented the progress in great detail so Andy had a huge number of slides from which to pick and choose.  The result is a stunning memory book that Mom will enjoy viewing time and again - and no doubt will share with all her friends at Riderwood.  That shot on the cover is them in front of the cement mixer (where, as Mom noted, there was as yet no gray in her hair.)




Mom and also appreciated the One Block Wonder quilt I'd bought at the AQG auction back in March.  It certainly came in handy driving her home later, when it was damp and she was so chilly that I needed to turn on the heat in the car for her!



Apparently the matching tie-dye t-shirts Ed and boys were wearing yesterday weren't planned!






There were more cards/gifts for Bana:




She got a photo of Maggie (who is officially Magnolia)
sitting under a magnolia tree holding a magnolia flower -


and another one of all five kiddos.


Nturally I wasn't the only one snapping photos. 
From the smiles it appears that Ed got some good ones!



After Ed and the boys left (to attend another celebration - and eat more food!) we capped off our delightful family day playing some Rummikub.



Andy and I polished off the leftover Indian food for dinner.  We weren't really especially hungry, but 'forced' ourselves.  (Sandy, also not hungry, simply kept us company as we ate!)  In the evening we watched some Hamilton clips; while Andy and Sandy had seen the show (in NY) I still have not. Then they introduced me to Karaoke in Cars with James Corden.



Now I'm pretty much caught up.  Andy is off for another busy week at work, Sandy is off to a literature class this morning, and in a bit I'll head over to Mom's.  Today's plan is to visit the library and run a couple of errands, then have dinner with Lucille. 



Tomorrow I fly back to Arizona.

No comments:

Post a Comment