Monday, May 28, 2018

Tired!  Woke up too early this morning (when it was still dark out) and at first light was out working in the yard.  Hit it hard, and kept at it until 9:00.  Got a LOT done, filling both green cans well above capacity... at which point I had to stop.  As always there's more left to be done... but at least I can see progress.  According to the news it's about to get hot, with little relief from the triple digits, so I'm glad I've gotten the bulk of the work done. 

 Marcie came over after I showered and we started mucking out the fabric cabinets. A couple of hours into that project my back (already abused after all the trimming and raking and shoveling and dragging) started talking to me.  So I took a break to hang out on the heating pad, and Marcie headed home for a bit.

After lunch Patti came over to help with the fabric sorting/culling, and Marcie returned.  The three of us made great progress, though there are currently piles of fabric everywhere.  But it is (more or less) organized now. I hope to get much of it refolded and returned to the cabinets before the gym tomorrow.  Once I get home from there, Marcie will come help again.  Maybe after Day Two it will be possible to see the surfaces of the couches and table again!

Called Mom today, and glad to hear she's got all of her the heart tests scheduled.  Alex called today to check up on me.  He's currently in Ginnie Springs, Florida, where he's been enjoying a little time off.   Tom called from Oregon this evening.  He's now done digging for rocks, having collected all he can haul back. After camping and working in the dirt all this time he said he really enjoyed checking into a motel and having a shower.

I'm back on the heating pad this evening, hoping to finish up the my current book.


No comments:

Post a Comment