Saturday, May 19, 2018


Thought I'd get more sewing done yesterday after Wanda dropped me back at home, but by late afternoon I had a scratchy throat and stuffy nose.  Wasn't really hungry for dinner (it was a big lunch) so I opted for toast and EmergenC.  On the plus side I did sleep, though woke to a full-blown head cold this morning; my eyes are watery (and look at half-mast) and the sneezles have made an appearance. 


So I may not be quite as productive today as I hoped - or need! - to be.




Just started reading the manuscript of Mom's second book,
Walk a While with Me.

This bridge will only take you halfway there, to those mysterious lands you long to see. Through gypsy camps and swirling Arab fair, and moonlit woods where unicorns run free. So come and walk awhile with me and share the twisting trails and wondrous worlds I’ve knownShel Silverstein

"Walk a While with Me is a sequel to The Great Affair, the latter an account of the adventures and misadventures of motor home travel with my husband. The current book includes a series of essays depicting highlights of our international travel."

Mom's first book was a delight to read (even though I had already heard many of the stories over the dinner table) and all the friends I gifted it to over the years absolutely loved it.  We've all been awaiting her second book for far too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment