Sunday, March 13, 2016

Yesterday morning I got up at dark:thirty and headed over to Patti's to set up for the yard sale.  Had to run right back home (good thing it's only a mile) because in my early morning rush (or stupor?) I forgot to put on my thumb brace.  


It was a lovely day to spend outside, though quite a bit chillier than Friday, and we both kept on our sweaters and sat in the sun to warm up much of the day.  (My face ended up a bit pink by last night, which surprised me because I thought that most of the time I sat with my back to the sun.) Patti did considerably better than I did (I made a whopping $13) but we're hoping to do it again in a month, which gives me motivation to clean out the garage/house for more stuff I need to get rid of and can sell.  AND we'll probably do it over here, which will save me the trouble of all that schlepping!   


I'm hoping to coordinate with Hoogie (across the street) 
because his large yard sales bring in a lot of traffic!


Patti and I were both pretty wiped out by the afternoon, and after packing everything back up decided we would just veg for the rest of the day.  So Patti joined me over here and we watched a Netflix: Intern. Not too many surprises in the plot, but we both enjoyed it anyway.



Patti fed me well yesterday: custom smoothies for breakfast, and her special chicken salad for lunch.  Then dinner last night was also scrumptious: Tom cooked up some elk steaks we got from Tim, and they were so tender they practically melted in my mouth.  


I was so tired last night that I took a soak, crawled into bed to read - and turned off my light around 9:00.  So of course I was up early this morning, before 5:00.  Will try to stay up later tonight!


My hand was less than thrilled with all the loading/unloading, packing/unpacking but is less angry this morning.  I do need to finish up that last bit of sewing on the sleeve on my flip flop quilt so I can get that to Louise ASAP.



Also heading down to 35th Ave. later this morning to pick up some backing for Carol's quilt, which Monica is going to quilt for me.  (Jeannie definitely has her hands full with Rich these days.)  I'd like to give that to her on Wednesday when I see her at Busy Bees.

No comments:

Post a Comment