Wednesday, March 23, 2016

I wanted to head out the door this morning around 9:15 for today's flower making class at Foothills.  So is anyone surprised that at 9:00 I was still making the leaves to pass out to the ladies?


Even though class wasn't going to start until 10:00 
I wanted to be there by 9:30.  And I was!



The ladies LOVED Cheri's class (and maybe I got a brownie point or two for arranging it? <G>)  Here are some of bouquets Cheri brought along as examples.

Patriotic

Valentine's Day

Spring Yellows

And here Cheri is, helping some of the ladies:

with Jan

with Pam and Patty

with Dee


Here are shots of today's group, hard at work.

Patty, Linda, Gena, Judy

Darlene, Dee, Pam (and Patty again)

Gloria, Ellen (who worked on a different project), Jan, Louise M.

Irene, Cheryl, Sue, Yolanda, Cheri, Pam

And within 45 minutes half the group had finished their flower.

Sue, Linda, Pam, Dee

Darlene, Cheryl, Patty, Yolanda

We were especially glad to see Jan there this morning.  After a long couple of weeks Denny has been moved from the hospital to a rehab hospital, and Jan was able to get away for the 2-hour class while he was in therapy.


Some ladies even made a second flower, and Linda actually made 5, though I'd only brought enough felt circles for her first 2.


All in all it was a very successful morning!



On the way home I stopped in to pick up meds, but the order had just come in and they weren't ready yet. So I'll be stopping there again tomorrow.  Next I dropped off Patti's book at the library (due today) which I really enjoyed.  But then I'd be surprised if I didn't enjoy one of Mitch Albom's books. At the library I also picked up a DVD that Mom had recommended, Driving Lessons.



After a quick lunch (the last pesto chicken thigh was as good as the first night, and for dessert I had the rocky road brownie from yesterday's lunch) I was off to Carol's to help her out.  She needed a mailing envelope, which I'd picked up, addressed and packed with some paperwork for her daughter in Kentucky.  After a pleasant visit I was off to the post office to mail it for her.  The line was long (always is at that branch, and I was reminded why we don't use that one any more) but it turned out that Vicki was a few people ahead of me in line so we visited until she made it up to the counter.  And after all these years I finally got to meet her daughter Ashley.



When I got home I noticed that the mallards were resting poolside.



And Tilly was also resting out outside.  
Apparently she is not interested in chasing ducks, just cats and bunnies?



No comments:

Post a Comment