Friday, March 18, 2016

Alex called yesterday morning just to 'check in' and chat for a few minutes.  No surprise that he's having a great time working Spring Break on the beach in Florida.  I told him I hope he doesn't get eye-strain from staring at all the bikini bodies. 


I was surprised to learn that he doesn't have to work most nights, though when he does it's at "the biggest bar in Florida."  Their condo is right on the beach and they have a "spectacular view" from the 23rd floor.  Here they are enjoying the sunset.


Obviously it's a tough gig <NOT> but someone's gotta do it, right? 



Lynn came over in the afternoon, and I helped her decide on a design for the 24 blocks from the baby shower. I arranged the blocks on my design wall, separating those with similar colors/themes, as a suggestion - and she decided not to change a thing.  It also turned out that since we'd changed the sashing plan (also at my suggestion - I did warn her about directional fabric) she no longer had enough of  the pinkish fabric.


Luckily one of my stash fabrics worked even better,
so we were off to the races.


Here are the top two rows of the six, almost finished.  Lynn had to leave for a doctor's appointment but at least we got row 2 together and then pinned to the sashing so I could show her how to line up the vertical rows.


 She is really thrilled with how it's looking, and told me I'm a Quilting Queen for all of my help and suggestions.  (Obviously as a Newbie she's easy to please!)


Once she got home later she realized she couldn't find the other 16 blocks, so she called me.  And yep, the stack of remaining blocks was sitting on the kitchen table, right where we'd left it.  She's going to swing by this morning and pick them up.


I didn't sleep well last night.  By the time I realized I was not going to fall back to sleep after my 2:00 bathroom run it seemed to late to take anything, and then I didn't nod out until almost morning.  Maybe it was because of the nightmare I had: Donald Trump streaking down the hall at the hot springs, first one way and then another.  His buns weren't bad - but his penis was tiny!



I might have slept in some, but Tom's alarm went off early. He's off to go fishing in Rocky Point, where Ritch and Suzie have a place.  At least that's what he says.... but after all it is Spring Break!  We'll see have to see how much fish he brings back!


I had great plans to be productive this afternoon after I get back from the gym, but of course I don't do well when I don't get a full night's sleep.


Will just have to wait and see how much energy I have.  So if I don't get my closet cleaned out that will be my excuse, and I'm sticking to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment