Tuesday, March 15, 2016

After a nice long morning soak in the hot tub (my legs may not be better today, but at least they aren't any worse) I was ready to start my day.

 Wrong this time!


Mary came over to pick up the pizza box (she was out of town on the day of the Foothills meeting when boxes were swapped, so I did that for her) and I also turned over all of the funds that were collected that day.  She had just come from the vet with her cat, which burned the pad of its foot by jumping up onto the hot stove.  Hopefully it will think twice before trying that again! 



That reminded me of the time, back in college, when I stepped on my hot plate on the floor.  (Of course we weren't supposed to be 'cooking' in the dorms, though most of us did.)  The second I swung my legs off the bed and stepped down (after finishing a gourmet meal of canned spaghetti so you'd think I would have remembered about the hot plate) I realized what I had done, and raced for the bathroom even before the pain hit.  Then I was trapped, because every time I took my foot out of the cold water in the tub and tried to make it to the phone (in those days, attached to the wall of course) I ended up fleeing back to the tub as soon as the pain resurfaced.  Think I was trapped there until my roommate Judy returned!



Then it was over to Louise's to drop off my two quilt entries for the AQG show.  Loved getting to see her sewing room, and some of the projects she has underway.  Like this activity book for her 5-year-old granddaughter who has fine motor issues.  Too cute!!!

This "fisherman" has hooks for the fish.

Unzip the frog's mouth and out comes a tongue to lick the ice cream.

This bear's boxing glove will get laces.

Braid the lion's tail!

Tie bows along the giraffe's neck.

Louise still needs to work up the hippo, whose mouth will button shut.




My next stop was to get a picture blown up at the copy show to use as a pattern for the Busy Bees "Out on a Limb" challenge that's due in October.  Since I was just across the parking lot from The Other Quilt Shop I had to stop in and see Sheri, right?  Ended up finding some perfect background fabric for that project, and also a panel that will be perfect for my blue & yellow quilt.



Last stop before heading home for lunch (it started out really healthy, with naked tuna fish and an apple - but then I had chocolate ice cream for dessert) was to fill up with gas.  While the price has definitely gone up recently, it's still way better than it was for a long time!



The rest of my errands will have to wait until after OT this afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment