Sunday, March 27, 2016

Of course we had a wonderful time at the quilt show yesterday!  My foot (hopefully just an ankle sprain) held up well, though by the time we got home in the late afternoon we were all wiped out.  While I loaded my pix onto the computer I was too tired to actually view them, let alone resize and crop them.  Except for these two. 

Here I am with my very happy Scrap Lizard quilt.


And here's my flip flop quilt, displayed with some of the other Challenge quilts.


Since Colleen, Yolanda, and Stephanie were attending the morning lecture (tips for better quilting on a domestic machine) I decided to sit in on it - even though I figured most of it would be beyond me.  Cindy Seitz-Kreug does PHENOMENAL quilting of large quilts on a 'regular' machine, so it's no surprise that's she's won ribbons at all of the major shows.  The surprise is that her work out-shines that of quilting done on long arm machines!  She had brought most of the following quilts with her to show us during her talk.  


I did gather a number of quilting tips, so who knows what I'll be inspired to tackle down the road.


For lunch we decided to eat at a Thai restaurant near the show, and dutifully followed the directions that were given to us.  However we had yet another 'adventure' trying to find it, and decided that Yolanda (who was driving yesterday) is the common factor creating problems every time we go to a quilt show and look for a place to eat.  



I hope to do better on Thursday when I'm driving to Quilt Camp in Prescott;
I plan to introduce her to Zeke's in Prescott Valley.



I ran into a number of fellow quilters at the show, though we all noticed that the show wasn't as well-attended as in past years.  While that certainly made it easier to take pictures, it wasn't so good for AQG's coffers.  Perhaps the timing of the show (Easter is today) cut down on attendees?



After viewing the quilts we had to shop the vendors, right?  I almost made it out of there without buying anything - but how could I pass up that snowboarding fabric?  And when I brought it up to the cutting table I was shown the companion fabrics, so naturally <G> I 'had' to get some of those also.  (I showed my purchases to Tom when I got home and he said he thought I wasn't going to be buying any more fabric for a while - but I've learned you've got to buy it when you see it, and I did get the end of the bolt so now it's all gone.)



Last night I watched our current Netflix, Spotlight.  While I knew about the problem (and what is even worse, the cover-up) I had no idea just how wide-spread it was (is?)  The numbers - and list at the end of the movie - are sobering!!!



Tom was feeling crappy again yesterday so he didn't make it to store.  He'll go this morning, and then I can get the spaghetti sauce going for dinner tonight.  Yesterday Estera dropped off some homemade bread for us, which will make yummy garlic bread.   Don't when when Ken and Betsy will be arriving, but hope to get a little house-cleaning done before they get here.


And when I feel the need to take a break I can work on yesterday's pix from the show, which I will share at some point.


No comments:

Post a Comment