Monday, March 21, 2016

This morning I finished quilting Sandy's gift, and even got started on the binding.  That will take longer than usual because of my thumb issue, but I am still hopeful about getting her birthday gift in the mail in a timely fashion.



                             I had a good workout at the gym (warmed up first with 5 minutes/200 steps on the stairmaster) though we skipped some of the usual machines because one of my ankles has been bothering me the past week or so.  No idea what I did, but it's making me limp.


    
Hard not to smile at this picture 
that Alex recently shared on FB of his "work commute":


I had a pretty easy commute during the years that I taught in Supai.  If I walked slowly it might take me a couple of minutes to get to work!


And in Kingman I lived just a mile from the school where I taught,
so that was a piece-of-cake commute also.


And for my first commute, when I taught in DC, I was able to get onto Rock Creek Parkway not far from my apartment, and then the school was just a block off of one of the exits.  That was a gorgeous commute any time of year, though spring and fall were especially nice.


I was really, really lucky in the Work Commute Lottery!






No comments:

Post a Comment