Monday, March 28, 2016

I got a good amount of cleaning done during yesterday's morning frenzy (the floors were way overdue) and then rewarded myself by resizing, cropping, and orienting the 123 photos I took at Saturday's quilt show.  That always takes times, but now the pix are finally ready to share.  I promise to do it in small batches so "nobody" gets bored, Bana.



Ken and Betsy arrived early afternoon yesterday after stopping to enjoy the Hassayampa Preserve in Wickenburg. He just retired on Friday (as a botanist for the county in the Bay Area of California) and is a primitive skills knapper.  Loved his t-shirt!


Betsy is a pre-school teacher at a Montessori school on Spring Break this week.  They both enjoyed seeing Tom's fire obsidian up close and personal.


Today they're off to do Sedona and Oak Creek.  MY plan for the day is to get ready for Quilt Camp before Thursday is upon me. I really need to figure out what projects I'll be working on so I can start gathering up the fabrics along with other necessary materials and accompanying 'stuff'!



But before I start on that, I'll post my first batch of pix from Saturday.  When Elaine Putnam (current AQG President) visited Foothills in early February she talked about the challenge rows that each chapter around the state was designing.  The 12x36 blocks were due in to the office by the end of the month, with the plan being to display them at the Spring Meeting in Prescott in April.  I had assumed the deadline was so that they could be displayed at this past weekend's big show, and said as much.  "What a good idea!," she said, and passed my suggestion along to the folks in charge of the show, hoping there would be space left for them.



 So I was glad to see them all displayed; many more members are able to attend the show than the meeting!  While I was unable to take part in the creation of either the Busy Bee or Foothills entry, I was quite proud of the our finished products.  (Patterns for all of the blocks will be made available to AQG members.)

Here's the Foothills row:


Here's the Busy Bee row:



And here are all of them that were on display.








The Chapter Quilt, made some years ago, is always on display at the show; here's my most recent shot of it from Saturday.  You score a bonus point if you can spot the Foothills block - and a demerit is you can't find the Busy Bee block.


No comments:

Post a Comment