Thursday, June 26, 2014

Ran some errands this morning while it was still 'cool'.  


At Home Depot I (finally) got a shade 
for the lamp I put in Alex's old room. 


It's not exactly what I wanted (I was thinking of something straight up and down instead of flared) but there wasn't much of a selection.  On the plus side, it is a definite improvement over the bare bulb look!


Here's a better view of the hummingbird on the front of the lamp (which I got at a craft show in the 80s.)  It's  been sitting in the garage for at least the past decade but is now back in the house where I can enjoy it again.  




My final stop of the morning was at Mulqueen's to pick up some border fabrics and backing for two tops that should (!) soon be able to be quilted.  Mulqueen's prices are excellent, and with a coupon they practically <g> paid me for the fabric!


Listening to the radio on the way home
I heard an update on the traffic situation on I-17.
(A tanker truck overturned on Interstate 17 north of Phoenix this morning, spilling used motor oil onto the highway and prompting authorities to close the northbound lanes at about 5:30 a.m., causing traffic to back up for miles.)
As of 11:00 I-17 was still closed, and the radio announcer suggested, "if you're heading to Flagstaff you may want to take an alternative route."  Unfortunately there IS no alternative route from Phoenix to Flagstaff!



Yesterday I found a bunch of peacock feathers in the Back 40.  

Peacocks do lose some of their feathers. After about age three, they begin cycles of annual molting of their long tail feathers. This usually occurs in summer, around July or August. After each molting, the tail feathers will be longer and have more "eyes". They drop the feathers here and there around the grounds where they roam, making it easy to find and collect them if you are lucky enough to live with them.

I'll plan to do another sweep out there Friday night before irrigation
 to collect whatever else he's dropped.  Let me know if you need one!



No comments:

Post a Comment