Thursday, June 26, 2014

After lunch today I tried to renew my subbing credential at the District Office.  (There are only certain days this summer they are doing it.)  Not only was there a fairly long line (and standing is not something my back tolerates well), but after more than ten minutes the line hadn't moved at all.  

Turned out the printer used to create the new ID badges was down.  I went back later at 4:00 and zipped in and out.  So that's something else I can cross off of my list.

I also picked up a new pocket hose for the front porch today, which makes watering out there so much easier.  Those hoses don't seem to last that long (even though I've been diligent about keeping mine covered from the sun to try and increase its longevity) but maybe this one will make it through the summer?

Everything on the south-facing front porch (except the chocolate mint, which seemed to croak overnight a few days ago) seems to be tolerating the heat.

FYI: Today's paper noted that Phoenix's all time high, of 122,
was recorded on this date in 1990.

Today's predicted high was 'only' <g> 108, plus it's been somewhat overcast which helps it feel cooler.  And of course our humidity is still in the single digits, Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment