Monday, June 9, 2014

I did get a lot of raking done last evening, and filled up one can for this morning's trash pickup.  I hated to set out the second one virtually empty, but it happens sometimes.  


Pokey surprised me by being 'out and about' rather late last evening, so I was able to clean out her burrow.  (Like many reptiles, she doesn't seem to mind pooping where she lives...)


In a bit I'm off to the gym to get my week started right, 


though I just this minute got a text from Jim that his car has broken down and he's having to pick up a rental car at 8:00 and may not make it to the gym in time for our session.  In that case I'll just work out by myself and we'll reschedule.  Life happens! 


I'll just try to remember to bring my iPod mini so I can listen to some podcasts (thank you, Lisa!) while I'm racking up miles on the elliptical.


Early afternoon I'm meeting Renee (and a friend of hers) at the movies to see Belle.  When I mentioned that to Patti yesterday and invited her, she agreed to join us.
  

Sure hope I remember to bring a sweater.  They keep the theaters SO cold during the summer, and (of course!) we're all wearing as little as legal during these toasty 110 days!


Patti brought over a library book yesterday that she'd really enjoyed, and I had planned to start it last night.  But by the time I crawled into bed I was too tired to read! 


And speaking of enjoying books, Carolyn told me yesterday that after she'd read about The Whip on my blog she picked it up to read on my recommendation - and loved it.  

  
I'm always happy when folks enjoy 'my' books.


Now it's time to eat a little protein and then get dressed for the gym.


No comments:

Post a Comment