Saturday, June 14, 2014

Deb brought back this book catalog from the symposium.
Check out the wooden boot on the front cover!


Of course the catalog listed some quilt books (though not as many as I expected) and I 'wouldn't mind' adding any of them to my library.



I have no doubt many (if not most?) of these 72 quilts are whimsical, given the 'holidays' they celebrate.


And I can only imagine how stunning these 60 quilts are!

The catalog included another 40 or so quilting books, like Cutting-Edge Art Quilts; Free Form Patchwork Techniques; New Quilts: Interpretations and Innovations; Creating Children's Artwork Quilts;and the list goes on. 

But the bulk of the catalog is devoted to woodworking, and the following book in particular caught my eye.  Maybe I should get it for Andy in case he needs a hobby for his 'spare' <G> time?



Jerry finished getting the fan installed before dinner.  It doesn't wobble at all (which is going to take some getting used to!) and is also very quiet. Happily it still works with the remote from its predecessor (the new one didn't come with a remote); Life is good!



There's been a change in their schedule (something has come up at his sister's house and she won't be around Monday after all) so Deb & Jerry have had to move up the California delivery date by a day and will be blasting out of here early tomorrow morning.  

Deb and I didn't get any sewing done during her stay...



but we sure had a nice visit anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment