Monday, June 30, 2014

I spent yesterday afternoon with Carol.  First we made a stop at JoAnn's (sadly there was not a JoAnn's flyer in the Sunday paper and all of our fabric coupons had expired) where she got the Insulbrite she's been needing, along with some pretty blue fabrics.  MY only purchase was a spool of black embroidery thread (for which I did have a coupon.)


Back at the house I did a little Show&Tell, 
and Carol really liked my book challenge quilt.  


Of course she also liked my UGLY quilt 
(which now lives in her quilting room...)



After our pedicures (the main reason for yesterday's outing) when we were driving back to her place I suggested we might <g> want to stop in at 35th Ave.  Unfortunately on Sundays they close at 5:00, so that didn't happen.  But look at all the money we saved....

 

Margaret had posted a tutorial  (Trillium Design is sharing a really cute "Make it any size you want" fabric basket pattern) so I gave it a try last night.  It's a happy little thing (and isn't  nearly as wonky as it appears in this pic), and I may use it as my demo next week at Foothills.



Getting ready for bed last night I 
stepped on a scorpion in the bedroom. 


The exterminator was just here on Friday, and I had splurged and added the scorpion service (since it was such a mild winter we are expecting a worse-than-usual scorpion crop this summer.)  


Better go eat some protein and get ready for the gym...
because IT'S MONDAY!



No comments:

Post a Comment