Monday, June 16, 2014

Although the hummingbirds seemed a little confused Saturday evening
by the 18" lowering of one of their feeders


by Sunday they seemed right at home with it.


So much so that when I went out to clean that window (which gets serious water spots each time I water that plant because I also spray off the leaves) they totally ignored me and kept landing and feeding.  


I was so close that I watched one bird's throat muscles moving as she swallowed!  While I didn't get a picture of that (or find one one the internet), I did find the following warning.  Apparently this has been a problem in the past?!



Spoke with Tom yesterday, and he's enjoying the coolness at Davis Creek.  He didn't mention getting snowed on (yet!) and said he's staying snug and warm in the camper.  When we spoke he'd gotten a Happy Father's Day call from Alex, though at that point Lisa hadn't 'checked in' with him yet.


Here's Alex, trying to fill his Daddy's shoes 'a few' years back:


Today's agenda includes an afternoon appointment
to get the oil changed in my car.

His oil looks pretty dark.  I'm embarrassed to say
 how old I was before I discovered that oil doesn't start out black...


 I've been puttering around the house 
getting stuff done while it's still cool(ish) 


but now I should think about getting ready to head to the gym.


Hope you enjoy YOUR day!


No comments:

Post a Comment