Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Another fun meeting at Busy Bees this morning (especially since I missed last month's meeting.)  I'll hopefully find time to edit the pix I took during Show & Tell, and post them later.  But just as a teaser, here's the 2013 Row of the Month that Joni spearheaded last year.  It's not yet quilted... but at least the top is done, and it came out really happy.  Joni said she only used scraps (except for the border) but 'for some reason' <g> still has plenty of scraps left at her house.  That seems to be the case for most of us!

Tom drilled drainage holes in my piggy pot yesterday, so today I was able to plant the onions.  Here's how it looks now.  Not sure how long before it rusts out, but in the meantime I like it.

Ran a bunch of short errands after Tom got home with my car.  (Alex needed Tom's truck for moving, so Tom used my car for a doctor's appointment, and Carol K was kind enough to pick me up and take me to/from quilting.  It's so nice when things work out easily!)  

First stop was the hardware store to have some keys made for Alex and get some chain to lower the hummingbird feeder by the computer window.  I 'rehung' the feeder right after I got home, and by the time I sat down at the computer a couple of minutes later the hummers were already feeding.  There's a MUCH better (almost eye-level) view now that it's 24" lower.


In the short time I've been working on this post, there's practically been one hummer or another there constantly.  I hope to get some really nice pix, but in the meantime the one above will have to suffice.

Stopped at the bank to deposit one check and (more importantly!) get cash for my trip.  (At quilting today there was a LOT of fabric to buy, and I spent my last $14.)  Here are some of the goodies I scored:

I gassed up the car (so we won't run out on the way to the airport Friday) and then stopped in at Walmart for some milk - which is where I ran into Angie.  They had a good time on their trip, and she was most appreciative of me picking up their mail.  (No biggie, since they live right next door!)

I do want to do some raking (before irrigation Friday morning) so the water will have a clear path from the back yard to the front - but then maybe I can think about packing.

And that's been my day so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment